Re: Delivering mail through nmh via SMTP...

2021-08-17 08:53:49

Emile wrote:

    I would like to know if NMH is able to deliver outgoing mails
    to localhost:1025 (that corresponds to davmail) instead of using
    port 25, as the SMTP default ?

Yes, by using the -port switch to send(1).

Starting with nmh 1.7, nmh defaults to port 587 instead of 25 for SMTP
submission.

    I've looked at mts.conf man page but that's not obvious at first
    glance.

Yes, the man pages have a lot of information.  The mts.conf man page does
mention send -port in its description of the SMTP servers option.

David

Hello David,

        Many thanks for your reply but how do you tell "send" to use
        an alternate port (1025 rather than 587) ?

        I suppose this can be done via ~/.mh_profile tuning, right ?

[emile@dell540 ~]$ cat .mh_profile
Header-Display: Resent From Subject To Cc Date
AliasFile: /users/emile/.mh_aliases
unseen-sequence: unseen
draft-folder: drafts
send: -mime
forw: -mime
mhshow-show-application/x-gzip: /bin/cp %f /users/emile/.
[emile@dell540 ~]$

        Best regards,

-Émile CARCAMO