Re: Delivering mail through nmh via SMTP...

2021-08-17 20:21:10
Yeah, I can see your point though  I still think it was an abrupt change
[though in light of the dwindling  number of nmh/exmh users perhaps it's
perfectly fine for  the community].

I take your point about the mts.conf file; perhaps if we had to do it
all over again we'd create a "submission" entry like you suggested.

But a lot of the impetus behind this change was more and more people
were complaining about the existing default of port 25 because their ISP
blocked it and they couldn't figure out how to change it.  Which suggests
to me that at the very least we should mention the -port flag for send(1)
in mts.conf(5) because this keeps coming up.