Re: "next" using my "pick" sequences?

2021-09-13 09:11:42
On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 09:14:51AM -0400, Ken Hornstein wrote:
So once I've done a "show 55399" and read the email ... How can I ask the
"next" command to show me "next in the sequence named 'star'" ?

I thought this was possible, and ... it is!  Check out mh-sequence(5),
but here's the key bit:

       The  specifications  "name:next"  and "name:prev" may also be used, and

Perfect!!!

$ show star:next

is exactly what I wanted.  Thanks.

I have to
scroll through a whole lot of useless MIME.

I have to ask ... do you not use mhshow(1)?  Because that should really
suppress a lot of the "useless" MIME.  We tried to make the defaults
work sensibly for modern email messages.

The biggest problem I have with mhshow (and this is probably the subject
of a second thread) is swapping the mhshow-show-text/html option
between "lynx" and "graphical browser" depending on where and how I am
reading email (possibly depending on the email itself).  I'm just an
old-timer text-only kinda guy, and I'd rather read equal-sign-ecrusted
plain-text sections of email than go through the overhead of opening an
X window.

Change is bad.  Everybody knows that. :)

--hymie!