Re: mhfixmsg -fixcte not working?

2021-12-09 20:03:13
I wonder if the right fix here would be to allow binary CTE of
message/rfc822 content.  MH originally allowed only 7bit encoding of
multipart and message content types.  By the time nmh was put under
cvs control, 8bit and binary had been added for multipert.  Commit
d057cb added allowance of 8bit for message content type.  Should we
add binary?

RFC 2045 § 6.4 says "Even more severe restrictions [than 7bit, 8bit,
or binary] apply to some subtypes of the 'message' type.", but I don't
see where those more severe restrictions are listed.

David