Re: automatic decode mime in repl

2022-02-08 05:24:24
Hi

[2022-02-05 16:53] Philipp Takacs <philipp+mmh@bureaucracy.de>
Reply to mime messages is an old problem. I have an idea to workaround
or fix this. Instand of adding mime to mhl, repl could also first decode
mime before pipe the mail to mhl. This can be done by mhshow.

I have attached a patch for this.

Thanks for all the discoussion. I have an updated version of this patch.
I belive it's clear that you want a switch for this so I have implemented
it. Currently on by default. Also I have an other patch which implements
Ralphs suggestion.

I'm not sure if the manpage updates are good. Also the tests should be
updated. I'm also look for a way to autodetect if -nofixmime should be
set. I think the best place would be in nmh_init().

As a disclousure: I work with this patch since 2016. If you implement it
or not will not affect me. I thought this was clear from the beginning,
but it looks for me that this wasn't clear for everyone in the discussion.
Sorry for that. I belive this patch is good and you will benefit from it.
Thats is why I have send it to you and discoused why I belive this should
be enable by default. But in the end you can decide if and in which way
you want this patch.

Philipp