Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

2022-02-12 19:05:24
Steven wrote:

Please let me clarify that I wasn't trying to rush anything or put pressure
on anyone; I was just asking for an estimate, because that would help me
decide whether or not to wait for it.

Yes, that's how I interpreted your message.  It would be nice to get a
release out sooner rather than later.

It would be useful for me, because some messages don't have a text/plain
part, and my main motivation for storing the decoded text is the ability
to search it with grep and mairix.

That was one of the main motivations for creating mhfixmsg.  With
-reformat, for every text part, other than text/plain, that doesn't
have an alternative text/plain, one should be created.

It's the same message I already sent to you, that I've been using as a test
case all through this discussion.  I just checked, and mhfixmsg returns a
zero exit status for it.

Ok, couple of issues, both due to very limited support of
encoded formats by -decodeheaderfieldbodies.  I'll work on
them.  Note that the only encoded headers in your message are
us-ascii, that seems pointless.

David