pem-dev

Re: Vote early (but, please, not often)

1995-01-22 16:15:00
While I do NOT claim to understand all of the technical issues, I am
not convinced that holding  back the  RFC while trying to integrate
PGP into the RFC is appropriate or necessary.

I do not recall anyone suggesting such a thing.  To my understanding, the
calls to hold back the current draft center around certification issues, all
of which apply to PEM in general, not MIME/PEM specifically.  PGP has only
been used as an example of another message security protocol which could be
accomodated by the MIME security multipart structure, which I believe has been
advanced.  In any case, it's not what the arguments have been about.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation