perl-i18n

UCS-16/UTF-16 files

2003-08-24 18:40:52
Here's a random question I'm running into in my quest to come up with a Pod::Simple encodings implementation that doesn't rub Encode's bugs the wrong way:

How common are UCS-16/UTF-16 files? I've run into only a few ever, and they definitely were not Perl files.

I ask because UCS-16/UTF-16 (plus the rare-as-hen's teeth UCS-32 encoding) might not be easy to implement, so I'm thinking of just leaving them out for the moment.

--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/