perl-i18n

Announcement: libintl-perl 1.00

2003-08-08 08:17:10
Hi everybody,

I have released libintl-perl 1.00. The package provides message translation facilities suitable for a framework using GNU gettext. Invocation is quite similar to the way you use gettext() and friends in other languages like C, C++ and so on. The architecture also allows seemless integration of internationalized Perl sources in mixed-language packages.

    perl -MCPAN -e 'install Locale::TextDomain'

You won't have much fun with the package, unless you have a deep look into the READMEs included in the source tar ball. You also shouldn't be afraid to build the latest CVS snapshot of GNU gettext from the sources. Perl support is new in GNU gettext and not yet available in the official releases.

I know that there are other packages with similar functionality and I don't release libintl-perl because I think that my approach is better than the others. My approach is different, has a different focus. It fits best for my requirements, so it might be the right solution for you, too.

Hope you enjoy it.

Guido
--
Imperia AG, Development