perl-unicode

Re: In-Band Information Considered Harmful

1998-10-23 16:02:49
According to Ilya Zakharevich:
John Macdonald writes:
Retaining enclosing inline attributes does require more effort,
unless you've built an out-of-line wrapping to collect its meaning.

I did discuss it already.  Each approach needs to implement some nasty
plots, but with the state of current discontent it is better to discuss
semantic before discussing the implementation.

Nice try, but no.  Implementation is a valid concern from the start,
insofar as we will not pursue methods that impose unacceptable loads
of knowledge and behavior in inappropriately low-level places in the
language runtime.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -
<chip(_at_)perlsupport(_dot_)com>