perl-unicode

Re: Unicode aware module

1999-04-26 07:57:38
Dick Hardt <DickH(_at_)ActiveState(_dot_)com> writes:

As I see utf8 being used, a programmer would be setting the context and
that _all_ strings would be in UTF8 and anything returned would also be in
UTF8.

For example, I foresee developers on Windows platforms that are dealing
with characters not mapped in Latin1 to have a C<use utf8;> at the top of
all of their scripts, and expect that all strings passed to/from the OS
would also be in UTF8.

Sounds fine.
But what about calls not made directly from the script? The "other module"
may not be in same utf8-ness.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons <nik(_at_)tiuk(_dot_)ti(_dot_)com>
Via, but not speaking for: Texas Instruments Ltd.