perl-unicode

Neuro-Linguistic Programming

1999-10-18 02:11:27
http://www.nlp.com

This site is about Neuro-Linguistic Programming\x99 and Design Human
Engineering™. Maintained by Stever Robbins of VentureCoach. Please check out our tape sets on Modelling and Metaphors.

-AD

From: Russ Allbery <rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu>
To: perl5-porters(_at_)perl(_dot_)org, perl-unicode(_at_)perl(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: possible regexp feature for 5.6: "ignore diacritics"
Date: 17 Oct 1999 21:59:18 -0700

Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> writes:
> Russ Allbery writes:

>> Remind me; under POSIX, isn't [=ss=] supposed to work and match \xDF?

> But this is Ilya's \N{}, right? :-)

> Honestly, I don't remember.  Darn it, I must get my hands to a copy of
> 1003.2...

Found where I'd read about it.  Friedl, pp. 80-81.  Looks like we're okay
for character equivalents, although there is a mention to multi-character
names being allowed for character equivalents.  The tricky one is
collating sequences, which include [.span-ll.] and [.eszet.], both of
which can potentially match multiple characters (which I would guess would
cause severe pain to the regex engine).

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>