perl-unicode

Re: [EXPERIMENTAL] 1st draft of Encode

2000-09-11 12:43:53
I've been working on the other end of it, which is the conversion to and from
other character sets - basically, the plan is to derive the data from the

There's also RFC 1345, and
http://anubis.dkuug.dk/cultreg/registrations/chreg.htm

The legacy 8-bit stuff is trivial, and when my copy of CJKV Information
Processing arrives, (Hi Jon!) I'll be able to finish off the Unihan business.

Oh, and from_to gets fun if you try and do it by smart-combining the mappings
instead of going through an intermediary character set. :)

Let' do the dumb stuff first.  Hmmm, a LRU cache of smart-mapping tables...?

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen