perl-unicode

Re: [EXPERIMENTAL] 1st draft of Encode

2000-09-11 13:32:25
On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 09:08:05PM +0100, Markus Kuhn wrote:
Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote on 2000-09-11 19:43 UTC:
I've been working on the other end of it, which is the conversion to and
from
other character sets - basically, the plan is to derive the data from the

There's also RFC 1345, and
http://anubis.dkuug.dk/cultreg/registrations/chreg.htm

Note: The Unicode mapping tables on

  http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/

are generally better reviewed and more up to date than these two
alternative sources of conversion tables. Their format is also easier to
process.

Yes, I should have pointed that out.  The two other resources I
mentioned are mostly useful for more possible name aliases for the
character sets already otherwise covered by the Official tables, or
for character sets not not covered by the Official tables (don't know
whether there are any, I'm just waving frantically.)

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen