perl-unicode

Re: Cyrillic and Unicode

2000-12-05 06:52:00
On 5 Dec 2000, at 12:32, Markus Kuhn wrote:

Did you already have a look at the new Unicode 3.2 draft charts on

  http://www.unicode.org/charts/draftunicode32/

which add two dozen more Cyrillic characters and many other things.

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look at them.

I'm not sure whether I'll get all of them as my Russian is fairly
marginal, so I can't claim to understand all that much of what Musaev
says (e.g. he might be saying "Language ABC used to use character
Q but discarded it years ago", in which case inclusion in Unicode
would be only of historical interest). After all, several languages in the
USSR changed alphabets in the 20th century.

If valid characters are still missing there, then please contact ISO
10646 editor Michael Everson <everson(_at_)egt(_dot_)ie>, who has a keen
interest
in covering all cyrillic minority languages in Unicode and is constantly
looking for reference material and documentation.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <pnewton(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de>
I appreciate copies of replies to my messages to Perl5 lists.