perl-unicode

Re: Unicode / Transliteration

2001-12-14 03:03:42
  The way I got around this was to build a lossy table mapping
  ISO-8859-15 to US ASCII, and then applying a few simple regexes so
  that a sentence like "Le rêve du café" gets turned into
  "le-reve-du-cafe"

Sounds a bit like Sean M. Burke's Text::Unidecode.

I didn't know that module was out there. Looks very interesting indeed.
I'm going to try and wrap ICU 2.0 transliteration in a Perl module, I
might actually use this module as a fallback whenever I don't have
proper transliteration tables.

Cheers,
--
IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB