perl-unicode

Latin-1 to closest ascii equivalent characters

2001-12-20 01:03:28
Does anyone already have Perl code to translate any Latin-1 accented
characters to the closet ascii equivalent character(s)? I know I can
construct such myself (a translate and substitute combo), but I thought
I'd see if someone already had it availalble in Perl.

--
Michael A. Grady                             m-grady(_at_)uiuc(_dot_)edu
Senior Research Programmer                   http://ljordal.cso.uiuc.edu