perl-unicode

Re: Latin-1 to closest ascii equivalent characters

2001-12-20 05:31:07
On Thu 20-Dec-2001 at 02:01:14AM -0600, Michael A. Grady wrote:
Does anyone already have Perl code to translate any Latin-1 accented
characters to the closet ascii equivalent character(s)? I know I can
construct such myself (a translate and substitute combo), but I thought
I'd see if someone already had it availalble in Perl.

Here you go. That's what I use at the moment.
WARNING: it's meant to work on latin-1 charset, not unicode

Cheers,
--
IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director