perl-unicode

Re: 5.8 roadmap and Encode

2002-03-01 03:48:16
Autrijus Tang <autrijus(_at_)autrijus(_dot_)org> writes:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 07:45:00PM +0000, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
* The gb2312.enc is very broken. Afaik nobody uses the raw/unencoded
 GB2312, since it's not interoperable with 7-bit ascii. We should
 either make it synonymous with euc-cn, or remove it.
Is it used for any fonts? - can we rename it GB2312-X11 or something
if so?

Not directly used in a 'Encode/Decode' context, as far as I know; to do so
will be setting a precedent, since CNS and other doublebyte charsets often
has such a 'raw' form that's not used in encoded transports.

Perl's Encode is not just for transport.

Gnu libiconv has most of the above mappings other than big5p; I'm willing
to supply their maps if it's ok with the list.
So long as that is LGPL or weaker. Full GPL-only stuff does not go in
mainline
perl distribution.

It's LGPL2.

/Autrijus/