perl-unicode

Re: Encode::CJKguide

2002-03-26 18:43:13
On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 07:33:19PM -0500, Jungshik Shin wrote:
On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Markus Kuhn wrote:

Dan Kogai wrote on 2002-03-26 22:35 UTC:
Side note: I still think, Encode should have used the encoding tables
that are already provided by the operating system where available. For

FWIW, most of the tables coming with *are* the tables from ICU or glibc
iconv, or from the Unicode mapping tables.  We didn't make them up...
and as we can see, the tables themselves are less a problem, it seems
that naming is the real mess.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen