perl-unicode

Re: Encode: CJK-Guide

2002-03-26 17:49:03
  Well, CJKV information processing by Ken Lunde provides
more than enough information to support JOHAB and CP949/UHC/X-Windows-949 :-).
In addition to that, there are existing implementations, glibc,libiconv,
Mozilla and so forth. I'm not blaming any one here for the lack of
support for Johab and CP949. (that's the last thing I'd do). Anyway,
I'll try to help you with Korean encodings and other CJK encodings if
necessary.

Excellent, thanks.  You may download the latest Perl developer snapshot
(which contains the latest Encode, 0.99) from:

        http://www.iki.fi/jhi/perl(_at_)15489(_dot_)tgz

and look at the documentation under perl/ext/Encode/

  For Johab, no new table is necessary because Hangul precomposed
syllable mapping (to Unicode) is algorithmic while Hanjas and symbols can
be mapped to KS X 1001 algorithmically and then mapped to Unicode
using KS X 1001 mapping table.

  BTW, how about Big5-HKSCS(Hongkong), GBK, and GB18030(PRC)?

I *think* (but me speekee no Chineese) we do support those in Encode,
but for space considerations one has to install an additional module,
Encode::HanExtra.

  Jungshik Shin

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/