perl-unicode

[Encode 1.00] Even @INC manipulation and nasty #! line

2002-03-29 00:22:49
On Friday, March 29, 2002, at 12:30 , Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
Looks good so far (still compiling, expect for one nit): in enc2xs I needed
to add the dotdot-dotdot:

BEGIN {
    unshift @INC, qw(../../lib ../../../lib ../../../../lib);
}

Yes, This @INC manipulation is ugly to the least but needed for perl build. I wanted to make this one conditional but by the time I release 1.00 Hypnos has gotten me. I wanted to release the one with new enc2xs to gather feedback so I gave it a go-ahead before she embraced. I will send you a patch to make this one conditinal BEFORE the next release

I'm also wondering whether the #!../../../perl is the best possible
shebang line...

So do I but the shebang line is never used during the builds (always called via "perl enc2xs" form) of perl and Encode themselves and via Makefile.PL that is autogenerated via enc2xs -M. And by the time you find enc2xs on INST_SCRIPT, MakeMaker will fix this shebang. Maybe we should strip this shebang line altogether....

Dan the Encode Maintainer