perl-unicode

"Chracter set terminology survey" ready

2002-04-05 20:16:27
Hello Dan!
Hello Jungshik!
Hello other developers and experts!

I have finally completed my survey named

CHARACTER SET" TERMINOLOGY SURVEY,
CLASSIFICATON OF CJK AND NON-CJK CHARACTER SET STANDARDS.
VERSION 0.95

It is available at http://tagunov.tripod.com/survey2.html

The main purpose of this survey is to explore the existing
terminology, in the first turn
"character set"
"coded character set"
"charset"
"character encoding scheme"
"charset"

and to classify existing standards.

Jungshik, Dan,
the latest variant of this article is certaily a reply
to some of our discussions here and my vision of
the 'character set' vs 'encoding' discussion.

With my best regards, Anton

P.S.

It would be highly valuable to me to try to find a way to
publish it, excerpt from it, any derived or reworked form
anywhere and if anybody has any ideas they would be welcome :)

I will search a way into online periodicals with this and
further materials.
Printed publication (the number of printed copies is not that
important) would be just gorgeous.

- that would aid my post grad program