perl-unicode

is it possible to process data in other langs from the C locale?

2002-05-20 12:57:27
Hi,

Should setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "ja_JP.eucJP") allow me to read in Japanese data
when logged into another locale (C)?
(I'm trying to find a way to read & process data in any character set from a
perl script running in the C locale; is this possible?)

Thanks,
mags.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop(_at_)Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/