perl-unicode

Re: ICU and Parrot

2002-05-30 14:19:10
On Friday, May 31, 2002, at 06:06 AM, George Rhoten wrote:
Hopefully you take the implicit information in the UCM files and put that into encode implementation too. For instance, in gb18030 there are whole ranges of Unicode mappings that aren't in the UCM file, but they are in the
implementation of the gb18030 converter (and the XML form of the UCM
file). If the encode API works with gb18030 properly, that's great :-) I'm
sure that the people in China appreciate that.

As a matter of fact GB18030 is ALREADY supported via Encode::HanExtra by Autrijus Tang. The only reason GB18030 was not included in Encode main is sheer size of the map.

I have deliberately kept Parrot and Perl6 out of my mind until Perl 5.8 is a reality. Now that 5.8-RC1 is just 24 hours away, I should get myself ready for Parrot and Perl6....

Dan the Encode Maintainer