perl-unicode

Re: Modules in UTF-8

2002-06-17 05:51:57

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:40:22 -0400
Daniel Yacob <perl(_at_)geez(_dot_)org> wrote:

Greetings,

I finally got around to trying a utf-8 module name, I'm using a development
snap shot from last november, I found it would load but not get any further
than that.  Trying to instantiate a new object my test script dies with:

Can't call method "new" without a package or object reference at utest.pl
line 8.

Does this work in the latest and greatest version (I'm out of space to try)?
Or is there a reason why unicode class names will not be an option?

Hello.
I try it with 5.8.0 RC 1 on Windows 98,
I don't know why, quotation marks seem necessary.

Here is a sample in Quoted-Printable encoding,
where "=CE=B4=CE=BF=CE=B3" is
Greek Letters delta, omicron, gamma.   ;-)

#!perl
use utf8;
package =CE=B4=CE=BF=CE=B3;

sub new {