perl-unicode

RE: ansi & perl

2002-11-17 00:30:04
Well, from my end the character appears in the source as ≥
I think that is ISO-8859-1
It is helpful to supply perl version.
I'm pretty new to this stuff myself, though.
-----Original Message-----
From: Paolo Carta [mailto:paolo(_dot_)carta(_at_)epress(_dot_)it]
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 2:57 PM
To: mailing
Subject: ansi & perl

Hello, I don't you to loose your time, but I start to learn Perl for my
own about 6/7 days ago, and now I've got a problem to submit to you:
     I tried to read a name of a directory or a file in Windows to reporting
     them in a XML file using utf8 or ISO8859 encoding and when I find a
char
     like è/à/ò/é or similar the Perl's reading make a mistake like that:

   If the name complete of the file is "febbraiò.jpg" the result is that
one:

Name: febbrai?
Ext: jpg
febbrai?.jpg

             The question is: which kind of encoding is that ?
             Can I resolve this problem and How ??
Thank you so much.

Paolo Carta

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an
offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman
Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change
without notice.