perl-unicode

Problems with Encode

2003-07-31 19:30:07
Hi there, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, if not please shoot me in the right direction :)

I'm trying to compile the Encode module, and it fails here during testing:

t/enc_module.....#     Failed test (t/enc_module.t at line 58)
#          got: 'å?å­å'
#     expected: 'å?å­å
# '
#     Failed test (t/enc_module.t at line 58)
#          got: 'ã??ã?¹ã?æ?å­å'
#     expected: 'ã??ã?¹ã?æ?å­å
# '
# Looks like you failed 2 tests of 3.
t/enc_module.....dubious
        Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
DIED. FAILED tests 2-3
        Failed 2/3 tests, 33.33% okay

I'm running perl 5.8.0 on Redhat 9 with the LANG set to C.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nathan.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - Systems Engineer - Shared Hosting
ValueCommerce Japan - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp

Our objective is to allow you to continue focusing on your core
competencies while we concentrate on delivering reliable,
dependable, and responsive solutions on our world-class
hosting platform.  We will provide you with the tools to meet
your growing business communications.