perl-unicode

Inverse of /\p{script}/

2003-08-28 07:30:06

Does the existing perl5.8.* Unicode support have a way to efficently
determine which script(s) or block (in unicode sense) a code point belongs
to?

In Unicode-aware Tk I am still doing battle with mechanism to select
X11 font to display a particular codepoint (for now glossing over
glyph vs character issues).
The present code is still rather dumb.

It seems to make sense to have a hash which maps script names to
probable (font) encodings

 (Hiragana | Katakana | Han) => 'jisx0208.1990-0'
 (Greek)                     => 'iso8859-7',

So give a (1 character) string how do I get Unicode script/block it is in?