perl-unicode

Re: Inverse of /\p{script}/

2003-08-29 16:47:13
Owen Taylor <otaylor(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com> writes:
You might want to look at what we did for Pango - see
pango/modules/basic/tables-big.i in
ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.2/pango-1.2.5.tar.gz.

[There may come a time when I just give up Tcl/Tk and implement
perl/Tk OO interface on top of gtk instead. But not yet...]

There is a big map there that for each Unicode codepoint lists
possible encodings with a moderately clever encoding scheme to save
memory. Then based on the current language tag (either from
the program or from the current locale setting), there is an order
in which to try encodings.

Sounds worth a look.

We're dropping support for this code and for core X fonts
in the next release of Pango,

In favour of what? (FreeType on client side?)

but if you find it useful, feel
free to borrow the techniques, tables, generation tools,
or table lookup code and use it under whatever license you
want.

Regards,
                                      Owen