perl-unicode

Re: big trubble perl encoding DBD/DBI

2003-09-26 15:30:20

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:12:37 +0200
udo <udo(_at_)lipsia(_dot_)de> wrote:

hello you,

excuse me, please help!

precondition:
* linux  redhat 9.0
* perl, v5.8.0
* dbms sybase 11.9.x (support iso-8859-1 )
* string contains german special chars "・・・ °  ト ヨ ワ"

the string will be written into the database through  perls  DBD/DBI

strange problem:
different process handling between encoding the data stream in the
file-descriptor and in the socket-descriptor (connecton via sybase-driver)
in perl ?

if I run my program with  pragma "encoding"  then I will got different
encoding datas  between SOCKET and STDOUT

It seems due to LC_<something> containing a substring "utf8", ...