perl-unicode

Creating a UTF-8 web page

2004-04-07 01:30:06
Hi all,

Please tell me if there is a way to create a web page encoded as UTF-8 (like
Google's page) using perl.

I have tried more modules but without success.
The UTF-8 string is created fine (I think) but I don't know how to print
those 3 special characters at the beginning of the file for letting the
browser know that it is UTF-8 encoded. If I just put "UTF-8" charset in the
HTTP or HTML header, the browser knows that is UTF-8 encoded, but each bit
is printed, and not each UTF-8 character.

And I see that I cannot view that web page with an editor like Notepad.

Do you have any idea how can I create a page like Google's?

Thank you.

Teddy