perl-unicode

Re: Problem with 'Mailformed UTF-8 caracter' warning messageswhen I use Switch.pm package!

2004-09-04 08:30:07
Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:
I have a problem to avoid "Mailformed UTF-8 caracter" messages when I use the
Switch.pm module on SuSE 9.1 Profesional with english or german language
settings.

Could we see a snippet of code that demonstrates the problem ?
The version of perl you use and the output of "locale" could help, too.

Thanks for the locale info.

We still need to see the code - the "Malformed UTF-8 character"
message gives a line number. Copy paste the error message
and the lines around the line mentioned in the error message.

"Malformed UTF-8 character" means what it says - the bytes perl saw
did not encode a character in UTF-8. This can happen if code
breaks streams of bytes (say ever 1024) and multi-byte character
crosses a boundary (so we need to see code to see how it is chopping it up);
or something else has already "decoded" the character.