perl-unicode

Question about converting utf8 to ascii and char refs

2004-10-26 14:30:06
I have a UTF-8 string which I want to output as ascii and have the UTF8
characters converted to numeric character references.

I tried using Encode with the FB_HTMLCREFS fail back option enabled, but for
the 2 byte UTF8 characters, 2 incorrect char refs were printed out instead
of the correct one.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Aaron

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that
may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of
this information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.