perl-unicode

Re: IO-Tty-1.02 on z/os

2006-02-17 01:09:36
On 2006–02–15, at 07:15, mohammad yaseen wrote:

I'm trying to build IO-Tty-1.02 on z/os using perl-5.8.7, i'm getting this error messages

  Now let's see what we can find out about your system
(logfiles of failing tests are available in the conf/ dir)...
FSUM7332 syntax error: got (, expecting Newline

I have not touched big iron in many years, but, poking around on Google, that seems to be an error from the ksh command line interpreter. My guess is that there's something in the expansion of this line from Makefile.pl ...

if (system("$Config{'cc'} $Config{'ccflags'} compilerok.c > compilerok.log 2>&1")) {

that z/os' ksh does not like. The tried and tested debug method of dropping a print statement into Makefile.pl to display the command line ahead of the call to system() may throw some light.

  ERROR: cannot run the configured compiler 'c89'
(see conf/compilerok.log).

Is there such a file? My guess is that ksh barfed before if could be created.

Please fix this by adjusting
perls Config.pm, creating a symlink to the right location
or maybe by just adding it to your PATH.  You could also build
perl yourself.

  Can anyone suggest how to resolve this problem?

You should take the issue up with the module's maintainer, Roland Giersig. I've copied him on this mail.
--
Dominic Dunlop