perl-unicode

RE: encoding(UTF16-LE) on Windows

2011-01-30 08:08:21
"Jan Dubois" (jand(_at_)activestate(_dot_)com) writes:
I've double-checked with Leon, who thinks that this is due to bug 38456:

    http://rt.perl.org/rt3//Public/Bug/Display.html?id=38456

He made a patch to fix the bug, and the patch has been applied to
bleadperl already.  I ran you sample script with 5.13.9 plus his
patch, and it generates a correct 38 bytes file.  I'm not sure
if this change could/should be picked for a 5.12.4 release as
well, but I guess it probably won't.  But 5.14 should be out
in April or May anyways...

It looks like there is still a lot of brokenness lurking in
the internals of the Perl I/O layer implementation. :(

Thanks for the update, Jan.

Yes, there certainly seems to be some more stuff to do in the Unicode
support in Perl. For instance, support for Unicode filenames in open or
opendir.

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel(_at_)sommarskog(_dot_)se