perl-unicode

Re: encoding(UTF16-LE) on Windows

2011-01-31 18:22:31
Michael Ludwig (milu71(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de) writes:
Erland Sommarskog schrieb am 29.01.2011 um 14:02 (+0100):

Yes, there certainly seems to be some more stuff to do in the Unicode
support in Perl. For instance, support for Unicode filenames in open
or opendir.

I think there is no portable answer here, as it depends on the
filesystem's support for Unicode.

Did I say it have to be portable? :-)

Obviously, Unicode cannot happen on systems which do not support Unicode.

For instance, I use Windows exclusively, so Unicode in file names is no
problem. On the other hand, it's a dead case for system() and backticks
as far as I can make out. (That is, I have not been able to run Unicode
BAT files.)

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel(_at_)sommarskog(_dot_)se