Re: regexp problem matching \/

1995-10-03 13:54:28
Mike Rose wrote,

| I'm having trouble getting a pattern to set the match variable.
|
|     :0b
|     * ^Subject: autobot:\/.*
|     /tmp/foo
|
|     :0b
|     * ^Subject: autobot:.*
|     /tmp/bar
|
| The second recipe succeeds, but the first one doesn't.

My first guess is that you're using an old version of procmail that doesn't
do extraction.  It's taking "\/" to mean a literal foreslash with a redundant
backslash before it to make sure it's taken literally.  Since the first
character after "autobot:" isn't a slash, the expression doesn't match.

My second guess is that /tmp/foo already exists under someone else's
ownership and you don't have write permission to append to it.