Re: Shooting myself in the foot with procmail

1995-10-05 12:09:11
Bob Weissman wrote

I wonder how difficult it would be to add a feature to protect idiots
like me from ourselves.  It would be nice if procmail would warn the
user somehow if a folder name looked more like a regexp than like a
filename.

But warn them how?  Since it's not running interactively, the main
way procmail has of communicating such messages is the log file.
But as soon as you looked at the log file you would probably figure
it out anyway, without special messages.

I guess procmail could mail the message to you, eh?

| Andy Rowan                                     |
| Center for Remote Sensing and Spatial Analysis |
| Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ USA       |
| e-mail: rowan(_at_)ocean(_dot_)rutgers(_dot_)edu                |
| WWW: http://deathstar.rutgers.edu/             |