Re: Autoresponders via procmail

1995-10-08 00:37:58

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

I'm trying to automatically send out an info file when mail is sent
to the address info(_at_)nymug(_dot_)org(_dot_) In other words I want tp
reply to any
message sent to a specific address with a specific file, one file per
address. (This all lives in the nymug(_at_)cloud9(_dot_)net account which
receives all email addressed to anyone(_at_)nymug(_dot_)org so I can process
based on addressee.)

Can anyone give me an example of doing that or point out what's wrong
with my approach?  Thanks.

Here's my apparently broken .procmailrc entry:

Did you set up a .forward file to trigger procmail?

Try this modification of your recipe...

:0h
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ^TOinfo(_at_)nymug\(_dot_)org
| (formail -r -A"Precedence: junk" \
   -I"From: Black Star Publishing <info(_at_)nymug(_dot_)org>" \
   -I"Subject:" In Response To Your Inquiry" \
   -A"X-Loop: nymug(_at_)cloud9(_dot_)net" ; \
   cat $HOME/info/info.txt) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

I'm assuming that your own $HOME directory is actually: /users/nymug/
and that you set up subdirectory info which contains the info.txt file?
Is this correct?  A lot of kind folks have helped me, so here's my
attempt to be useful.  It *should* work!  Advance disclaimer if not :-)

Regards,

Eric Hilding
eric(_at_)garlic(_dot_)com   "Not to worry...I gargled *before* sending this!"
eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com