Re: Formail deleting files

1995-10-07 20:18:59
On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, David W. Tamkin wrote:

A very similar feature is already built into formail: the -rD function will
limit the size of the address cache to the size you specify.  However, the
cache will have a different format and it will clobber old entries based on
total cache size, not by ages of the individual entries.

Correct. If it's a busy day, some people might receive an auto-ack twice.

If you wish to keep your current setup, there are other answers, such as a
cron job shortly before midnight that removes lines with past dates; I'm
assuming that an entry made at 11:50 PM Tuesday is "two days old" and there-
fore stale at 12:10 AM Thursday.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to cron on my system.

Do you know of any other way it could be done?

Thanks,

  |  Brock Rozen  | InterNet Address: brozen(_at_)village(_dot_)ios(_dot_)com

  |               | CompuServe: 71614,240                                 |
  |               | ImagiNation: 1304                                     |
  |       Check out my homepage at  http://village.ios.com/~brozen        |
  |  For automated information on various subjects, send an e-mail to my  |
  |         InterNet address with SEND HELP on the SUBJECT line.          |