Re: Formail deleting files

1995-10-12 20:35:05
On Thu, 12 Oct 1995, Alan Stebbens wrote:

I vaguely recall you borrowing the idea from one of my scripts, but it

I am...although I haven't moved to your latest version. (I have my
procmail setup a little differently ; I like to compartmentalize things
more...)

looks like you didn't borrow the entire idea, which was to remove acks
which were older than a day (or whatever period you use).  Here's the
snippet from "ackmail.rc":

    # Not in the $ACKS file; add it
    JUNK=`(fgrep -i -v "$SENDER" $ACKS ; echo "$SENDER $DATE" ) >$ACKS.new ;
        rm -f $ACKS ; mv $ACKS.new $ACKS `

I have this there...I never changed it and it looks exactly the same.
Weird...I'll move to your latest version and then see if it works..

fgrep on my system works....so I don't what it could be...

  |  Brock Rozen  | InterNet Address: brozen(_at_)village(_dot_)ios(_dot_)com

  |               | CompuServe: 71614,240                                 |
  |               | ImagiNation: 1304                                     |
  |       Check out my homepage at  http://village.ios.com/~brozen        |
  |  For automated information on various subjects, send an e-mail to my  |
  |         InterNet address with SEND HELP on the SUBJECT line.          |