Re: RCF last entry in rcfile.

1995-10-24 12:55:43
| formail -k -X From -X Date: -X From: -X Subject:>>mbox

You might want to include Message-Id:, so you can uniquely identify
each message.

You might also want to include To:, unless your .procmailrc file
already files all messages that are directly to you.

Also, doesn't "-X From" extract both From_ and From:?

I this filter for mail sent from root:

# Strip header to bare minimum.
    :0 fhw
    |formail -k -X Date: -X Subject: -X From -X To: -X Message-Id:

I've been thinking of expanding this or one like it to filter all
mail.  There seem to be a lot of superfluous headers.  Unfortunately,
I don't really know which can be safely done away with.

Rodger