Re: Running a perl script from procmail

1995-10-25 13:13:37
Bill McClatchie wrote
What I want to do is have procmail perform some file maintenance for
me upon reciept of certian messages from me at another account.  The
results of the maintenance are saved to a file, and then the file is
mailed to me via elm.

My scripts work fine when run manually, but I get buggy results when
procmail calls them.

This is the pipe I have been trying to use - with strange results.

| perl $HOME/bin/maintain

        Just do the following.

        o change the pipe line above to:
          | $HOME/bin/maintain
        o chmod +x $HOME/bin/maintain
        o add
          #!/path/to/your/perl/binary
          the top of your file

        And it should work just fine.  The mail message will be
        coming in on standard input.

                                        Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve(_at_)khoral(_dot_)com
steve(_at_)haunt(_dot_)com
Khoral Research Inc.          | PHONE: (505) 837-6500
6001 Indian School, Suite 200 | FAX:   (505) 881-3842
Albuquerque, NM 87110         | URL: http://www.khoral.com/