Re: Running a perl script from procmail

1995-10-26 07:24:13
From:          "Karl E. Vogel"
<vogelke(_at_)c17mis(_dot_)wpafb(_dot_)af(_dot_)mil>

W> My scripts work fine when run manually, but I get buggy results when
W> procmail calls them.

W> This is the pipe I have been trying to use - with strange results.

W> | perl $HOME/bin/maintain

   Make sure that your perl script sets the PATH explicitly to match what
   you have when you run it manually.  Otherwise it inherits the PATH from
   procmail.

Thanks everyone for the help.

When I changed the path lines to reflect the directory path rather
than $HOME, the script worked.

By buggy results, I meant that for some reason the file was being
sent 1 line at a time, with the line being in the From: line of the
mailings.