Re: Mailing List filters

1995-10-28 03:56:25

| Now I receive mail from several mailing lists that are sometimes sent to
| multiple lists that I subscribe to. (ie, the Spam & Moderators list, or the
| myriad of anime/manga lists) What I would like to do is to have that mail
| message appear in all the associated mail folders that it could be filtered
| into.

if you're on 6 mailing lists, and a message is sent to all
six, then you should get six slightly differing variants of
the same message, sent through each one of those six.

to put them into the right mailbox i test for one of
(owner-)?listname(-owner)? in the message header.

my solution at http://icg.stwing.upenn.edu/procmail/ handles
mailing lists fairly elegantly -- to the extent that you
don't have to look inside my black box of code; you just
includerc the file.  even so, nobody seems to like the script
-- maybe i code dauntingly.  try it.

| One other thing I would like but I'm not sure if it is possible is to have
| mailing list mail that is also personally cc'ed to me appear in my mailbox as
| well as being filtered into all the appropriate mail folders.

trivial with my script; just add :0c to the function that
saves to the mailing list folder.

| Is this possible?  If someone has a recipe that does this, I would appreciate
| copy.  If it is emailed to me, I will summarize to the list.

http://icg.stwing.upenn.edu/procmail/

Meng Weng Wong
mengwong(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
i swear, you really DON'T have to be a CS major to understand my .procmailrc