Re: A Call To Responsibility...

1995-10-30 10:03:04
aka Hilding wrote:

| This situation is *EVERYONE'S* problem, because it is *not* just
| "spam".  And it is not anyone trying to be some kind of net cop.  It
| is a *serious* matter requiring a responsible call to action from
| within the "responsible" Internet community. CyberPunks can buzz-off.

        This is my problem only in that 24 messages to the procmail
mailing list have been about this 'problem' this weekend, and I had to
hold down the 'd' key for a while.

        Therae are appropriate and inapropriate places for this sort
of message or call to arms.  Every group to which the spam was posted
is not the appropriate place.

        Responsible people understand that not everyone agrees with
their assesments of life, and keep their discuissions in the
appropriate place.

Adam, in what will be his only post on the subject.