Re: formail

1995-10-30 22:25:34
On 30 Oct 1995 476TJL(_at_)ptsmail(_dot_)ptsem(_dot_)edu wrote:

Call me crazy, but I don't see where it allows you to tell it what file
to do this to.  Assuming I have a file in my /Users/luomat called
'digest.txt' and I want to have formail split it up (even though it only
has the From/Subject/To/Date lines) how can I do that?

This is just from memory...but doesn't formail read STDIN and writes to
STDOUT...so you could do a
"cat mailfile | formail -some-options >outputfile" or even
"formail -some-options <mailfile >outputfile"

 Jon Lewis                      |  Mime attachments are OK
 jlewis(_at_)inorganic5(_dot_)chem(_dot_)ufl(_dot_)edu |  But please ask before
sending
 http://inorganic5.chem.ufl.edu |  unsolicited huge files.

_____Finger jlewis(_at_)inorganic5(_dot_)chem(_dot_)ufl(_dot_)edu for PGP
public key_____