Re: mail to exmh gets misplaced with procmail

1995-11-02 11:41:29
Richard Coleman <coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu> wrote:
The canonical way of dealing with false matches is to make sure that
recipes in the .procmailrc file are roughly in the following order:

1. Recipes that catch and file mailinglists.
2. Autoreply recipes.
3. Recipes that catch postmaster bounces.
4. Anything else (your default mailbox).

Stephen, wouldn't it be better to switch 2 and 3.  I'm always worried
that bounced mail I recieve as postmaster/root will fire off my
autoreply recipes.  Of course, I use a X-Loop header to sink mail

Yes, theoretically.
But, all autoreply recipes *must* be protected by a !^FROM_DAEMON
at some level.  If people forget that, then yes, 3 should precede 2.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

On a computer printed rental car receipt: *FOR GREAT BLOW JOBS (619) 279-2900*