Re: problems compiling 3.11.3

1995-11-03 11:45:30
From: srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl (Stephen R. van den Berg)

Dallman Ross <hh0(_at_)aixterm1(_dot_)urz(_dot_)uni-heidelberg(_dot_)de>
wrote:

The short version of this rather long story is that when I tried
to compile 3.11.3 it tried, first of all, to write things to
$HOME/bin/OME/bin instead of just $HOME/bin; and mailstat was missing
and caused fatal errors until I took it out of the Makefile.

Please grab v3.11pre4.  And if the problem persists, show me the long
version.

Thanks.  I did, and it installed fine.  I guess I just threw away
about a week of trying to make what I had work.

I still can't get procmail to work here, but will try again tomorrow.
That is, my .forward says:

        "|$HOME/.dman/bin/procmail -tf- || exit 75 #hh0"

(This is my fiancee's account, so I use the .dman subdir.)

When I put that in place, mail vanishes into thin air.  And there is no
logfile, even though I have verbose turned on.

--
Dallman Ross